There are various forms of powder lacquering available, using different powders, different colours and a matt, skinny, metal or structure surface. The quality may be food approved, electrically conductive, an anti-graffiti powder, heat resistant, for interiors, for facades or a decorative powder.
ADVANTAGES OF POWDER LACQUERING
- High quality – shock- and scratch-proof surface
- Economical – cheaper than wet lacquering and anodising
- Short production time – fast delivery
- Eco-friendly – no solvents
THE PROCESS OF POWDER LACQUERING
- Pre-treatment: The items are thoroughly washed down.
- Drying: Iron and steel are dried at a temperature of 125° C. Chromated aluminium is dried at a temperature of 90° C.
- Application of lacquer: The powder articles attach to the item in the same way as a magnet attaches to steel. The thickness of the powder layer is between 70 and 120 my.
- Tempering: Once the powder has been applied, the items are tempered for 10 minutes at 180-200° C, depending on the quality of the powder and the thickness of the items.